November 15, 2010

If you are interested, show me!

Once upon a time when I was top dog on my dating game, I never questioned whether a man was interested in me or not. Not only did he show me with his actions, but he told me with his words. Now what he was interested in may not have been what I wanted, but at least there was no question mark where he name was. Fast forward to today and I'm finding that I'm meeting men that are jigsaw puzzles and the pieces just don't fit. I have conversations with girlfriends and we can't figure men out. He seems to be into me, but why doesn't he call when he says he will? He asked for my number, but all he does is text? We have long conversations on the phone, but we have yet to go out on a real date? What's the deal?

Here are a couple of case studies that will help me illustrate my confusion:

1. The Texter: A couple weeks ago he "texted" me again asking if he could call me. I found this ha-larious. Why not just call? Better yet, why do you still even have my number when we met almost a year ago and went out on one date and have talked maybe once since? Anyway, for my sister's entertainment I texted back, "Sure!" He then calls and asks me if I still have his number in my phone and remember him. Just laughable. It took me a minute to remember his real name, for he will forever be "Texter" in my mind. He then goes on to tell me that he missed me and wanted to hook up that evening. Missed me? You don't know me! And if you were interested in getting to know me, why have you only texted me over the course of the year? Anyway, so I play along and say where does he want to meet up. (I have no intention of meeting up with this man, wrong I know, but who cares). He said that he was at a bar way out in VA and wanted me to meet him there. I'm laughing now just thinking of how ridiculous this sounds. I told him I would be there in a couple hours....I guess he's still waiting for me. LOL! He texted me last week asking why I "stood him up." I decided to treat him like the telemarketers and Opt-Out of this communication so that I can "avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information in the future." LOL!

2. The Weirdo: Now this is a friend of a friend. I have not had the pleasure of dating him, but I am very familiar with this peculiar case. So they met at a gathering over a year ago. Nice guy. I was thinking that this was a great match. They have had great conversations on the phone and went out on a couple cool dates. Okay well fast forward to today and NOTHING! If she suggests that they hang out, he goes, but he has not taken initiative to do anything with her or made any clear advances towards her. My observation would be that he is not interested, but then he sends the occasional text or they have conversations that suggests otherwise. At this point, she is tired and done, which is unfortunate. Like I said he is a really nice guy, but who has time to wait on you to make a move.

So many unanswered questions. Like in the case of The Texter, I deleted your number and did not respond to your texts, but you want to know why. Why not? Why would I communicate with someone who does not want to get to know me? From past experiences and advice from my "good guy" friends, I have determined that if a man is interested in a woman and vice versa, there is no question. There is no wondering. There is no trying to figure him/her out. You just know. They show you and they tell you. Don't waste any more time on that man or woman that you are currently "hanging out" with if you are unsure of where the relationship/friendship is headed. I would hate for you to be wondering and get your answer when you get an invitation to their wedding in the mail :-/

*Sweet P*

3 comments:

  1. This blog reminds me of my "24". That guy! Could never get him. When I think we are in the friend zone, he then asks "can you be my valentine", but then never took me out on V-day. Either he wasnt interested, or maybe he was just broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMH! You shoudl send him a wedding invitation. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! Those r some real "creative" people u know. But yeah if they aren't talking or too busy looking @ other places that they can't look @ u in the face give them the boot they aren't worth it. All they're gonna do is dim your light. U need and want someone that will help shine brighter

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)