November 30, 2011

God talks to me at the craziest hours...


This is a 4:39 a.m. message that came to me in the middle of the night. I had to roll over and immediately write it down so I wouldn't miss my blessing....

I happened upon a quote that says, "Disappointments are just God's way of saying: I've got something better. Be patient, live life, have faith." However, sometimes even with that Intel, you still go back down roads that you have no business walking on by yourself at night. You are liable to get into trouble. It's like this...if you are slapped on the right cheek repeatedly and leave because you know you deserve better, why would you then go back to that person and turn the other cheek for them to slap even harder?? Especially when you can still feel the sting from that "last slap." (Wow that's deep!!)

That would be dumb. Just stupid. Then I told myself (because yes I do talk to myself, but I'm good until I start answering myself lol)...I said P look at it like this: If you had a horse that you bet on that you liked. Sometimes there was a payoff here and there. Nothing major, but you made enough to eat good for a day or two. Then one day the head trainer told you that the horse you were betting on was a loser and would never again bring you any luck. Never. Its not like he's been dependable in the past. It's just been disappointment after disappointment.

Would you then withdraw all your money from the bank and bet on this horse? Hell no!!! There is no way that I can receive what's ahead of me if I keep looking backwards. I rather put my money on a winner! Right now that sure bet is ME. First time a message came to me "for me." I receive it completely.

And the moral of this story is when God tells you that this person or thing that has disappointed you is not for you, LET IT GO AND MOVE ON. Period. No matter what happens. No matter how good it looks; it's a dead horse. Let it die. Move on and have faith. Free your hands up to receive something amazing. God has NEVER failed me and if I'm going to put all my hopes on the table, I'll bet on HIM every, single time.

Wow. Just woke up and read that like I didn't even write it. What a blessing indeed!!

Sweet P

7 comments:

  1. I needed that...we ALL needed that..keep sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening is not my strong suit. But like a parent with a disobedient child, God truly knows how to make me pay attention. I always look back and say,"Oh. That was a message ... warning". Gotta learn to listen. Will save me from a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely a deep one. Truly whenever God talks just listen. I thank him every day for his patience and Grace and it's a pleasure to serve a God that ALWAYS has your best interest at heart. Thanks for sharing.
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably your best blog to date. Love the authentic message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty amazing!! Good Encouragement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just read this again and nothing but gratefulness is flowing thru my heart.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)