November 25, 2010

So thankful...

What a year! I'm getting ready to head out soon for some Black Friday shopping tomfoolery and it just hit me that the year is almost over. I have so much to be thankful for today. I have allowed many things on my to do list and things on my need to improve list get in the way of appreciating some of the blessings that have been placed in my life this year and some of the burdens that have been removed. This time last year I was holding onto a relationship that had taken so much from my spirit. It drained me to love this person more than they even loved themselves. We were not a couple, yet we shared a bond that had a hold over me so strong, it was suffocating.

This year when I began this journey to complete self-love, I evaluated our relationship (for the millionth time) and decided it was time to say goodbye. Not sure why it took me so long, but the moment I did it I knew it was the perfect time for me. Now I'm going into a new year FREE for a change. Free from the drama and the shame of a friendship that died a long time ago. Leaving behind lessons learned the hard way and feeling hopeful and excited about my future.

Happy Thanksgiving!! To God be the glory...

*Sweet P*

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I can't believe the year is almost over. A lot has happened. Many good many bad. But just like any other year we all should the good and learn from the bad so we can make ourselves better and prepare ourselves for a better next year. So as usual im thankful for family and friends and the hope of tomorrow being better than today

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)