May 19, 2010

Nice to feel like a woman for a change ;)

So I was able to pull a Superwoman makeover yesterday and go on the first "date" I've been on in a LONG time. Yes, I've had friends stop by, pass through, come over, chill out, swing by, but usually those interactions are a figment of my imagination and this was a real-life event--an actual D-A-T-E! It was just nice to not only be asked out on a date, but to have everything planned out for me by someone else who was seeing to MY NEEDS...whew! Need to do a dance off that one.

So the date....

We had a good time. We went to see Iron Man 2, but I never saw the first one. He gave me a quick recap and was not bothered by my questions during the movie. Oh and he was such a gentleman. When I walked ahead to open the door, he stopped me so he could get it. He led me by the small of my back into the theater and let me go first up the stairs. He picked the row, but let me sit down first and helped me take off my coat. Even now as I recall this, I smile. Yes, its a small gesture, but its those practices that mean so much. During the date, he did not act out of order. He got close, but not too close. No groping, no kissing, no grabbing. The perfect gentleman.

I had a nice time. I must say that it was a pleasure to feel like a woman for a change. I'm reminded of the Erykah song, "Kiss Me on My Neck" where she says "been such a long time I forgot I was fine." Day in and out I play the male and female role in my life. At work I spend my day planning this, organizing that, and heading up everything. Then I go home where I cook, clean, pay ALL the bills, and deal with the crap that comes up like a leaky faucet, car repairs, etc. It gets tiring and sometimes you wish you had someone to split the load with or at least go to for assistance. So with all that, sometimes you forget to be soft and sweet; how I'm meant to be, but sometimes forget to take off my armor. I want to be nurtured and protected more often. *sigh*

Now will there be a Date #2, I don't know, but I do know that once you are treated a certain way, you are not able to settle for anything less. So nice to get out of the house and be in the company of a nice smelling man, but there is something that he did do that turned me off a bit....STAY TUNED for the next blog to find out what it was...

Until then...

*Sweet P*

7 comments:

  1. FINALLY! a first date that isn't a HELL DATE. LOL! All your movie dates have been disasters (ie: barber shop brian, 24, texter, etc). Keepin my fingers crossed for Date #2. Hopefully you can give him a chance to make up for his mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Before you congratulate me, see the next post. I need to continue to observe and evaluate. Not a major issue, but something to think about.

    Steflova: Thanks for reminding me of the tomfoolery called "my life." Barbershop Brian! 24! Wow! Funny! Remember BB put his head on my lap during the movie and 24 held a real conversation on his cell phone and i had to move my seat??? madness! Yes, this date is looking even better already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this a t.v. show "Batman" or "24" stay tuned r u serious. Is there a prequel too! Oh yeah there was always b ready blog. But anyway I'm glad u got treated the way u deserve to b treated. Good luck with part two. Hopefully the sequel is better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo! What a minute I just realized what u wrote. Or maybe I'm seeing things. Somebody put there head on ur lap during a movie!? I hope I read it wrong but I probably didn't. Say it ain't so!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will, you would be shocked at the horrible date stories I possess. You actually have me thinking about some worse than that....be on the lookout for my top 10 list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what top 1 would be LOL.. that fiasco in the park.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)