April 15, 2010

In the words of Marvin, “What’s going on??”

It has been really disheartening to hear about all the break-ups and relationship issues going on lately. Eva & Lance, Sandra & Jesse, Tiger & Elin, Larry King & his wife, but most importantly D-Nice & Malinda. Those two took me on a trip to Loveville with them when they decided to get married. I followed her blog leading up to the wedding day and cried tears of joy for people that I didn’t even know. Their love seemed like a fairytale, so to hear of their split broke my heart. I started thinking what happened, what could go wrong with a love so beautiful, why can’t they just work it out; they love each other, so…WHY???

THEN…Yesterday, my cousin told me that she and her beau amicably decided to just be friends. I was devastated, but then she told me “Although we may have intended our relationship to end in marriage, God clearly had other plans. It's hard to make sense of what God is doing but when you trust him it will work out.It wasn’t until I was walking to work this morning and talking to God that I finally understood the message HE has been trying to drill into this thick skull of mine.

Last year I met a guy who appeared to be just the man for me. Everyone I know loved him and thought that he was perfect for me. They thought that he was the one and were so thrilled that I found him. The problem was I didn’t feel the same way. I thought that something was wrong with me for not seeing what everyone else saw. I tried to make it work with him, but I really wasn’t content. I wasn’t me. I was trying to be what he wanted me to be and what everyone else expected me to be. I decided that I’d rather be alone than live my life with someone and not be happy. No one understood why and I know many thought I made a mistake. However, only God can know what is best for my life.

So today I see the break-ups differently. Instead of being sad for their “loss,” I rejoice in knowing that both have been freed up to receive something supernatural, something spectacular, something so amazing that if they even knew how wonderful the gift is going to be they would never sleep over the excitement. This sacrifice will open the door to a love that is completely unconditional, unrestricted, and without limits.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Every single moment in life, no matter how small—happens for a reason.

Peace & Blessings,

*Sweet P*

4 comments:

  1. I have to say this posting truly blessed me. It was a labor of love and healing for me. HE gave me the message to pass on for someone else who may think that they do not have the strength to move on. Just remember that HE is with you and HE knows how your story begins and ends. Don't waste time trying to re-write what is already DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I say yes and no break ups may lead to something more nourishing more satisfying. I'm living proof of that! Thank goodness! But I also realize as a society we have gotten WAY too lazy. There r ups and Downs in everything relationships and marriage r no different. But for some reason these days once a down session starts we r ready to divorce. I don't think my parents would have lasted 55+ years w/o fighting through tough times and enjoying the good times. We quit so quickly we don't allow ourselves to get to the good times. Yeah they r times when people just fall out of love that happens but divorce seems to b a cop out for laziness. Lets work people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the other side Will. I do agree that people tend to go into marriage saying if it does not work out I will just get a divorce. I am one of those who plans to stay married no matter what. I honor the sanctity of marriage and hope that my husband with through thick and thin so the same. On the other hand, when something is dead I appreciate people having the courage to say goodbye rather than stay in something and be miserable. Yes, work and give it your very best, but in the end if there is nothing left....

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)