November 1, 2010

AG™: My cousin, my friend, my breath of fresh air

I had a conversation with my very distinguished cousin yesterday over BBM. He is the only male cousin I have that I actually like LOL! He was born and raised in London, yet we are so much alike, its freaky. Anyway, we are both still living the single life and occasionally check in with one another for support and laughter. He has no idea how much his presence in my life (although physically distant) means to me. Many times I have been in a funk and got a message from him that pulled me from the edge. His future wife will be soooo blessed to have him as a husband. The conversation started with him complimenting my updated profile pic of me and my sister and me in turn giving him props for the cute profile pic of him as a little boy...

AG™: Y'all are so pretty ...
AG™: Can u sing?
Sweet P : LMBO!!!
Sweet P : Thanks
Sweet P : And no we cannot
Sweet P : But I can dance ;;)
AG™: LOL
AG™: Shuck and jive?
Sweet P : Drop it low...
AG™:  :-O
Sweet P :  LOL
AG™: I can't wait to come over and see u in action ....
AG™: This gonna be fun !
Sweet P : The wedding last week I was on the floor all night
Sweet P : All night!!
Sweet P : That's a pic from the wedding
Sweet P : Yes you will see me work next year
Sweet P : By Gods grace
AG™: Ok...it make sense....y'all are 'Glowing !'
AG™: Amen
Sweet P : Glowing?
Sweet P : Wow
Sweet P : Nice
AG™: Yup
Sweet P : Now your pic.....I absolutely love
Sweet P : Love love love
Sweet P : It makes me smile big
AG™: Lol
Sweet P : Always had "swag"
Sweet P : Although I hate that word
Sweet P : You define it
Sweet P : LOL
AG™: LOL ..awww ...thanks..
AG™: Back when things were simple :)
AG™: Its all good though...now its Aaron's turn
Sweet P : And the swag gene has been passed down. Hopefully he can control the power of it better Hahah
AG™: LOL
AG™: Hmmm
AG™: U funny
Sweet P : LOL! Its a strong force and needs to be in the hands of someone who can control all that comes with it. Its taken you a while to drive straight
Sweet P : LOL
Sweet P : I'm cracking myself up
AG™: Hmmmm....
AG™: Keep going...
Sweet P : So you do see what I'm saying right?
Sweet P : We are given gifts and sometimes we don't know what to do with them
Sweet P : I'm right there with you
Sweet P : Now knowing what you know, save Aaron from himself
AG™: I HEAR you sis
AG™: I sooo hear that ....I'm already on that trust me ;)
Sweet P : Good! Because he's a cutie and I know some little girl is going to one day tell him so and make things so easy for him
Sweet P : Little does he know easy comes with a price
Sweet P : He needs to go for the one he has to work hard for
Sweet P : The one who pays him no mind
Sweet P : LOL
Sweet P : Tell him his Auntie P said so
AG™: LOL
AG™: I was literally telling him that today... Both of us have started praying together for his wife...and I explained to him why and why he needs to pray to God to be connected with 'his wife' ....
Sweet P : I love that
Sweet P : That's wonderful!
AG™: I don't want to ignore the truth and inevitable just because he is young...he is cognisant enough to know more than he should... And as you said ..'With power comes responsibility'
Sweet P : YESSSSS!
AG™: If these seeds are sewn now...when the need arises it will germinate and we shall see what God will complete
Sweet P : He is so lucky to have a Dad who is rooted in the right hand of God
Sweet P : What a precious gift you are giving him so early?
Sweet P : And I'm certain he will pass it down to his children too
AG™: We are both blessed
AG™: And I thank God for all around me ...those near and far ;)
AG™: And I have to tell him...when I go to meet my maker...I know I'll have to give account...and I don't want my 'lessons' to go in vain....
Sweet P : There will be mistakes along the way and lessons learned after the fact, but I'm sure he will be fine. I'm excited about his future!
AG™: Yes there will be...there are...in fact as we read the bible two days ago with him...I explained that I make mistakes and that we all do and that we need to repent... So we prayed together...I asked him his thoughts on it etc.. And then when I gave a talk at Church, I made reference to him and 'the chat' and he was so excited and grinning...so it has been tough but when I see God literally speaking through him... I am amazed and brought to tears..so I am excited for his future but for the future of ALL. OUR unborn children !
Sweet P : YESSS! My twins. Taylor Rose and Tyler Moses
AG™: Awwwww
Sweet P : But seriously in case you don't hear it every single day like you should....you are an amazing father
Sweet P : Thanks for the example
AG™: Awww...thanks so much...that means a lot because it is not easy and it has tested me like nothing else ever could...but I really thank God because if it were not for him, there is no way I would have stuck at it especially having to deal with his mom...it is literally God's Grace..and I thank him :D
Sweet P : Where would any of us be without Him? I don't even want to think about the answer to that. Thanks for the honesty cuz! You always have a way of making me think you are here on the sofa with me chatting and not an ocean away.
Sweet P : Matter of fact...I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna share this convo on my blog. Such a blessing!
AG™:  Awww.. Ditto everything.. Go for it ...

Woo woo woo...Now you know why he's my cousin, my friend and my breath of fresh air. Thank you BBM for keeping rthis relationship close for FREE!! LOL!

*Sweet P* (FYI: This "S" is my new symbol. I love it!)

3 comments:

  1. WOW that is a deep convo. You would have gone through a whole $5 phone card if that was a long distance call lol. I love "A" (not sure if we can put his name). Such a great man and great father! Aaron is blessed to have him in his life. Now I understand the lessons we learn and the thing we go through in life are not just for us to learn from, but for our children as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuup! I appreciate having positive Black men in my life to build with. Gott a love the Al-ster!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)