November 1, 2010

Just Call Me Superwoman ;o)

Happy Monday Beloved!

Not sure why I'm in such a good mood, but it may have to do with my heroic start to the day....

I was walking to the metro this morning and noticed two small children in a running car. They had to be about 3 and 6. I looked around and could not see anyone that looked like they were with them. My thinking was that the irresponsible parent was in the 7-11 getting something really quick and didn't want to be bothered with them. I found 2 police officers and told them the situation. I must admit I was hesitant because I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. However, for the sake of the children I had no choice but to be a snitch.

When I got to the top of the metro platform I looked down to see the officers gone and I got angry thinking they didn't stay with the kids. I was about to go back down (I really need to shake this save the world mentality that I have LOL) then I saw the mother walking towards the car with the two little boys. The officers had taken them in the store to her. I was so relieved. I'm sure that she's done that a million times, but the world we live in is not safe. Anything can happen. Maybe I’ve watched one too many Lifetime movies or Law & Order: SVU episodes OR maybe I am just becoming my more and more like my mother. I hope that she learned a lesson this morning and this doesn't happen again.

Saving children everywhere with my “S” in my chest....

*Sweet P*

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Phyllis loves the kids! In the words of MJ "Heal the world!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! What a snitch! I can't believe u ratted that lady out.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)