February 14, 2010

Am I a LOSER?

My sister thinks I'm a loser because I go to the movies by myself. Why do I have to be a loser? I've actually never really thought about it until today. I love movies. All kinds. To be honest, I enjoy going to the theater alone sometimes. I don't have to wait on someone's schedule to become available. I don't have to wonder who is going to drive and how we will get there. I don't have to share popcorn (I get to eat it all by myself). No one talks to me during the movie at the most inappropriate times. I can sit wherever I want because I only have to find a seat for 1 person.

Don't get me wrong I love the company of people, but after 30+ years of living, I know what makes me happy. I refuse to make choices based on my marital or dating status. If I want to go eat out and no one is free, I'm going alone. Last minute movie, I'm riding solo. Concert or play, hey not everyone likes what I like, ticket for 1 please. Right now, I have no man and no kids. That will not always be the case, so I promise to enjoy the freedom that being single affords me.

So when the Sis tells me, "No more movies by yourself in 2010 because its pitiful." I say, B&#%$, you don't know my life!!!! LMBO! No really, I know you just want me happy and now that you know I am hopefully you and everyone else will just leave be.

8 comments:

  1. at least I didn't call you a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a loser, Phyllis! Any way to get your alone time!

    I'm following your blog-Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too! I was in DC in Dec. I should have let you know. Next time, I will. And if I ever get my butt down there permanently, we should get together every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st of all YOUR sister is a bigger loser than you. So the pot calling the kettle black. I don't get that! But whatever makes you happy do it. Life is too short to be worried about what other losers think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, Make sure you let me know next time! I do hope you can come here permanently. I think this is your true home.

    Stef and Will you are both LOSERS! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is too, Phyllis! What am I waiting for??

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)