July 16, 2010

LET'S DO BETTER!!

At the beginning of this year, there was a shift in my spirit. It’s one of the reasons why I started this blog. I have always been a positive, strong woman (at least that is the image I try to give off), but sometimes I am scared and unsure. I think I realized that I don't give myself enough credit for the way I look, the services I provide to the community and how I treat myself and family/friends. I recognized that in all things I could always DO BETTER!

Doing better does not mean what you are doing is not good or right. It just means that if you gave more or put more effort into something or someone or yourself you/it could be AMAZING!! Why be just aight with you can be fierce? Why settle for okay when you can have awesome? Why accept BS when you can receive something fantabulous? Why not take everything in life to the next level of superiority?

So you may hear me say to myself DO BETTER!!! and it could mean....
  • I need to stop eating these donuts right now because I know I just had a healthy breakfast.
  • I need to stop cyber-stalking Trey Songz because my neighbors don’t know his name.
  • I need to press forward and establish my vision of not having to work FOR someone for the rest of my life.
  • I need to exercise more.
  • I need to stop gossiping about people.
  • I need to show my friends and family that I love them every time they are in my presence.
  • I need to bite my tongue and let things ride.
  • I need to understand that I don't have to have the last word.
  • I need to agree to disagree.
  • I need to rock those fly shoes and that sexxxy outfit and stop letting them sit in my closet.
  • I need to live, love and laugh more.
  • I need to DO BETTER!!
With that said, doing better does not end with me. There are so many people around me that I see day to day that need to step up their game. If I can acknowledge my shortcomings and bring myself to a standard, each and every one of us can do the same. I decided to start a new blog to bring attention to people, places, things, etc. that I think can use some improvement.
 
Please follow me at http://letsdobetta.blogspot.com/. If you would like me to put someone or something on blast for you, e-mail me at im.livingsingle@gmail.com.
 
Let’s DO BETTER ya’ll!
 
*Sweet P*

1 comment:

  1. I've bookmarked the new blog and will try to keep up. I've been slacking on this one and catching up on all ur posts now. I don't think I've seen any of these July posts.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)