May 21, 2010

Is it too much to get popcorn???

Okay, here is Part 2 from my date from Tuesday...

So we get to the theater and I notice that he uses 2 free passes to "pay" for the movie. Not a big deal. I'm resourceful as well and all for a free hook-up where I can get it. Unfortunately, he did not have free passes for the concession stand because we walked right passed it. Okay, it was an early movie and we both had long days at work and clearly did not have time for dinner before the date, so why not ask, "Would you like something?" I mean the movie was free, so why not put the money you saved on the tickets towards some nachos? I was going to buy my own snacks, but decided not to. Too many times I just say whatever and do something myself. This was a date and it was "his place" to treat me. Again, everything else was fine, but this turned me off. I gave him the benefit of the doubt though and figured we would get dinner after the movie....

NOT!!!!

This fool peaces me out at the car and says that he had a great time and hopes that we could do it again. Do what? We could have done all that in my living room. Now am I wrong for expecting more? The sad part is that in the past this would not have annoyed me. I would have gotten my own snacks, maybe even got him some, just because I can. Then say "Hey, let's get dinner." Maybe even pay my own way. I just woke up from that crazy dream. All these things I can do by my damn self and I'm tired of going it alone. I'm not saying that a man has to pay for everything, but this was a first date. You should have put your best effort forward. Is this your best? Is this what I should expect on date #2? Should I come prepared to pay my way?

NO!!!!

Sorry the days of me pulling out my wallet to be polite and you proceeding to tell me my portion of the bill is OVER!!! Now, when the bill comes, I just look at him and give him my "You got that, right?" smile. Like I said in my last post....tired of being the man in my life. Need a real one to step up and take the position. It's a new day and Sweet P wants popcorn, nachos, maybe a hot dog and a soda...and I don't think I should have to ask for it.

Can you handle that? Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. dag, at least a kids combo (hot dog, small soda and snack) for $4.95. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really!? Is that what we r expecting out of 1st dates now. 1st off I commend the gentleman for getting free passes. Good work. 2ndly I commend him for not getting raped at the concession stand 6.00 for 3 nachos. This man is smart.
    This is a 1st date, u should be going Dutch. B4 u get all wth? on me here's why: if we go half an everything nothing is expected. No kiss, No nothing just a good time is expected. Once again its a 1st date, lets remember that. Two why r we expecting so much u want a date, him to pick u up, treat u to dinner and a movie all on the 1st date. U expect all of this and what is he to expect? U to b entertained and feed on his dime. Yeah okay! Not on my wallet. I realize he didn't spend any money for the tickets but neither did u. He didn't spend money on nachos but neither did u. And he spent money on gas but u didn't. So he did spend money after all though no one saw him do it. But he did treat u well. Opened doors, picked u up, and walked u to ur seat. Great! Didn't lay his head on ur lap or didn't carry a conversation on the phone while on a date, better. But no funds came out for nachos or a Burger so it was a bad date!? Dunno about that. So before u Claudius somebody on the check remember it is the first date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Brolaw BS!!!! You are so full of it. How can you say this, but not follow your example. When courting you pulled out all the cards to wine. dine and pamper the woman that you were interested in. This is a date that he asked me out on. I should not be expected to pay for anything. No! I'm sorry. I disagree. I did not say it was a bad date. Again, I started with all the good. I gave him credit where it was due, but it takes more than opening doors and taking off my coat. Dutch??? Dutch???? You are right...WTH??? You can spend money on me and still get a lot in return: laughs, good convo, and maybe even a hug. You have got to be kidding me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever Will. I think you have to take things instance by instance. This guy calls her up on a weekday for an impromptu date. She didn't even feel like going nor was she prepared. He planned everything out. And she drove up there to meet him at the movies. She paid for gas too. You know he was wrong for not even offering. First date or not its common courtesy. None of my male friends would do that to me. And they aren't expecting anything from me in return for buyin me some sour patch kids from the concession stand. That's like someone calling u up and asking u to ride with them up to delaware or somewhere. Then they ask u to drive and pay the tolls on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st. of all BOTH of yah r going to stop using my lines. I going to start trademarking them. 2ndly whether u agree or not I'm standing buy it. Dutch is the way to go especially if I don't know u like that. It was said that its like wearing ur best suit for a job interview u put your best foot forward. No not even close. An interview will pay me not take money out my pocket. Also why would I put my best foot forward on something that doesn't guarantee me that I even like u, u like me or even a second date and an opportunity to know u better. Why throw all those eggs in the basket and the other throws none. Again I know both u guys and I know what ur worth. But during a feeling out period. No! Courting period maybe!? If it was impromptu and u didn't feel like going don't go don't do me any favors. They were free tickets anyway and if they weren't it saves me $20.00. That excuse doesn't hold water. But that's me call me cheap, crazy, nonchivalrous, a new boy(jerk). I can take it. All I'm saying 1st. date Dutch! Just like I have to earn a kiss, hug, hand in marriage, and sex. You gotta earn my money! I work too hard! Way too hard to be dolo on the cost. Just like respect its not given its earned so should be free dates. But to fellas that pay not onlyn1st dates but every date I'm not hating. Play on playa. That's just not me

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm going to attempt to play devil's advocate in this and propose this scenario. Maybe he really wanted to go out with you but couldn't afford everything that came along with it.
    Now correct me if i'm wrong but you can get a meal at any drivethru for less $$ than a bag of popcorn with a drink. The movies are not cheap. I say be a little more flexible. You don't know what his rationale was. Though your reasoning makes sense to you and others...everyone's thought process doesn't dance to the beat of your drum.
    Now if date #2 comes and you find yourself paying for stuff you shouldn't be paying for then...HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nat I can see that, but again its the first date. You give me your best to make me want more. If you can't afford to take me out, then set something up at a later time OR come up with other ideas like stopping by CVS for movie snacks OR letting me know that you are eating at home and we can meet up for the movie for dessert. I am the cheapest woman out there and the free passes...hey that was foreplay, but this chick likes to eat. I could have better prepared myself if I knew there wouldn't me FOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)