November 23, 2011

Love & Hip Hop: Why can't we all just get along??



Season 2 of "Love and Hip Hop" is underway and I must say these women live to entertain me. I'm not big on reality TV, but this show keeps my attention fo sho! After the first episode, I decided that I would provide my own recap of each episode.

Episode 1: "Still Look Pretty"

Way too much happened on the season opener, so I'm just gonna break down what I thought of everyone involved...

Mama Jones: She is a hot mess! Yes, she is funny, but it's also sad at the same time. I know she doesn't like Chrissy, but why be so disrespectful? Chrissy was mad wrong for calling her what she did, but she's a grown woman and needs to act like one. Why does she shop in the junior section of Macys???? Please mama mama please. That video was halarious!

Jimmy: He needs to put his mother in her place. I know he loves her, but I think he allows her to be who she is. He can put an end to it, but secretly....I think he likes the drama between them. Let me tell you this....if he was going to spend the rest of his life with Chrissy, he would make damn sure that his mother and her get along. I'm just sayin...Lose your ring and we are going to buy a new one??? Are you serious? And he didn't even look mad. And we can't get a ring for me?? Not even wanting to look at the ring for me??? How are we engaged?? Chrissy should have picked up her dignity and respect for herself, bought those earrings FOR HERSELF and walked out that store. Jimmy is a fool and he is NOT marrying her. It's time to let that ish go!

Chrissy: Now looka here...you can't tell any woman about herself until you clean up your own trashy backyard. She is insecure for sure. She did Kimbella the same way she did Somaya when she saw her. Just kept raggin on her clothes and how she looked. Who are you to judge you big oompa loompa? And you are happy that Emily is leaving Fab and doing her own thang...honey your man "lost" his engagement ring. Get a life! She is a disgrace to women everywhere. I am happy she does not have a child to witness this. 

Kimbella: I don't know what went down with Dipset and really don't care lol. She needed to humble herself and come into that situation with no agenda or bias. It didn't help that Chrissy clearly was not receptive. I can understand how Kimbella could be defensive with the tension in the room and feel ganged up on. Still hold your head up and don't give them anything to use against you. She did a good job with the first encounter...now I do not think she should have even gone to the thing at Emily's. Not even sure what that gathering was. LOL! Don't think it was the right place for her or the manager chick (where she came from idk lol). Anyway, the way she said it was okay, but she could have told her to the side later on another day. Emily handled it very well, but OOMPA LOOMPA wanted to make it bigger than it needed to be. Why are you so mad at her? But not mad at you man for "losing" his engagement ring?? I'm just saying. She's a bully and the way she went at her...Kimbella did not deserve that. That fool was just taking all her anger towards everything else in her unhappy life out on her. Get a punching bag and go to work on them abs instead, OOMPA LOOMPA. Kimbella gets the award for best line though..."I'm still pretty!" LOVES IT!!

Olivia: WHACK!!! Watching her is just embarrassing. Her and her bamma manager. Why does he talk like he's rapping? I can't take those 2 fools.

Somaya: She could use a diet regimen. I respect her hustle, but get a new manager and image. She needs a mentor.

Emily: Proud of her for moving on finally and I loved her convo with her daughter. That's a good mother. I pray she keeps her head up and walks tall AND leaves Fab alone for good, but from what I can see...she goes back like a dummy. SMH


Well that's my $0.02. Not that anyone cares. One thing that I do enjoy about this show is that the women have real issues. I know some of it is staged, but if you look deeper, you can see a lot of the daily inner battles that us "regular women" go through. I hope to use them as teaching tools for myself and other single or attached women out there.

Until next time, I'm still pretty LMAO!!

Sweet P

1 comment:

  1. Not only do I have to watch this "show" while I'm eating, but now I have to read about it! Where did I go wrong?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)