November 21, 2011

My Brian...

About 6 years ago, he had a heart attack at the age of 36. Since then, he's been in a battle with Sarcoidosis. It's been a rough road. He was doing so much better, but since the beginning of October he's been in the hospital. It doesn't look good.

Our friendship over the years has been some of the best and worst times of my life and we both let stupid, trivial, insignificant BS keep us apart. Well not too long before he went into the hospital, we reconciled. We chipped away at all that stuff that had built up and uncovered our precious gem of a relationship. Next to my sister, he's the only person that knows me inside and out. The first man that I loved in a way that I can't describe with words. The only person has who trusted me with their deepest, darkest secrets and who in turn has kept a few of mine. Not sure what my life would have been without him in it. I'm grateful that my friend is back, but oh so sad that he is sick.I haven't spoken to him since October 18. He doesn't want me to worry about him, but he doesn't know that keeping me away makes me worry more.

All this just hit me today because I heard this song. I really, really miss him.

2 comments:

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)