November 4, 2011

I'm conceited...I got a reason!

Wow! I haven't blogged in a long time. The last few months have been like a crazy storm mixed with tennis ball sized hail, knock you off your feet winds, hard rain mixed with a flood of tears and dark clouds with hints of warm sunshine peeking through. Emotionally, I was done. Mentally, I was drained. Spirituality, I felt dead. But physically, I always smiled. I smiled because in my heart I knew that this too shall pass. No need to wear the misery I was feeling because I made it was temporary. I am so much stronger than I give myself credit for sometimes.

Things have settled down now and I am piecing my life back together. I have given way too much to everything and everyone else and neglected the most important person in my life...Sweet P! This past weekend I got some much needed sleep and now I feel revived. Like I just gave birth to something amazing. Did some thinking too about my life and the me that I am today and an overwhelming feeling of love spilled over. There are some places that I want to strengthen and some new things I want to build, but I love Phyllis. So much in fact that there are some people who don't deserve the right to be her friend. LOL! I was talking to a sister-friend of mine yesterday who said that I am "good on and off paper." Love her for truly loving me enough to tell me the truth about myself. Tired Phyllis has dropped some balls this year, but luckily rest, prayer and my inner superwoman beat that  Funky P up and brought back Phenomenal P.

Phenomenal Woman
By: Maya Angelou
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size   
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,   
The stride of my step,   
The curl of my lips.   
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,   
That’s me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,   
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.   
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.   
I say,
It’s the fire in my eyes,   
And the flash of my teeth,   
The swing in my waist,   
And the joy in my feet.   
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Men themselves have wondered   
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,   
They say they still can’t see.   
I say,
It’s in the arch of my back,   
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.   
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.   
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It’s in the click of my heels,   
The bend of my hair,   
the palm of my hand,   
The need for my care.   
’Cause I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s (Sweet P)!!!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Never been a fan of Funky P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like her too much either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting caught up on your blog regardless of the mounds of works and the infinite to do list that I have on my desk. Life has its ups and downs, but no matter how much you are kicked down, what matter is how much you push to bring yourself back up. Glad you were able to weather the storm.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)