October 31, 2010

Very good advice from Oprah...

On the 9/27/10 episode of "Oprah," here is what Ms. Winfrey said to Serena Williams:

Men
"Men want to feel that they are needed and they need to feel important, and it's very hard to do that with a powerful woman. It takes a very special guy to do that."

Love, love, love this statement! There is a great deal that comes with Sweet P. I have been living this fantabulous life with myself for so long and I have learned to do so much by and with myself...because I don't have a choice. When something is broken, I find a way to fix it. When a problem arises, I look to God to help me find a solution. When I need a good cry, I have Maxwell (my bed) to lean on. Having a man that is there with a lending hand takes some getting used to when you are a woman who is capable of so much. Like Oprah says, that special one for me will know that there is more than enough room for him in my life and he will understand (and be grateful) that I can take care of myself....thereby taking care of us. I, in turn, will learn to ask for help and honor his place "our world."

Love
"You cannot pretend to be less than what you are and you are so HUGE. You carry such a big light. You can't go around dimming your light just to be walking around with somebody else. What you really want is to be completely full of yourself, so your cup runneth over, so you can give it to other people. Not in an arrogant way, but that you absolutely own you own power."

Thank you for that Oprah! There is so much that I have to offer and if a man cannot take it all in, then he is not man enough for me. I refuse to settle or be someone I am not for the sake of having a man in my life. I really needed to hear that.

Now I will carry on...

*Sweet P*

3 comments:

  1. Oprah is so wise. Its so darn true! A man needs to be a man, but a "real" man doesn't want an inferior woman. He wants a partner. They want to be a power couple like Will and Jada, Jay and Bey, Denzel and Pauletta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oprah is an idiot. But she has a point. I guess there is a 1st for everything. But yeah a woman not being herself is a turn off. A woman should always bling. Never have that light out. To tell u the truth that is one of the most attractive things in a woman, that light! It's sexy

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)