October 12, 2010

Life is short and I will not work it away

I just got a call that a woman I know died suddenly yesterday. I've known her for only a short time, but what I do know is that she was dedicated to the work that she did. She was ALWAYS at work, even when she was sick. If there was something that needed to be done, she was the one to do it and everyone knew her. I honestly have no idea how old she was. I believe that she appeared older than her true age. Working late hours in a stressful environment will do that to you. Another thing to mention, she was single and had no children. She lived alone. She died alone. She was found in her apartment on the floor and who knows how long she had been there. A friend was supposed to pick her up yesterday and she did not answer the door. Very sad...She had a good heart and a good spirit. She gave until her death, even when she had nothing left to give.

She worked until she died and died with no one. I know this sounds depressing, but for me it was a reminder to live life to its fullest. I tend to stress over things at work, work crazy hours, forget to eat lunch at times and never use up my vacation/sick leave. All for a place that when I am gone will send out a 2 sentence email to everyone saying that my work was exemplary and I will be missed by everyone. It's not worth it.

I am happy that this woman will finally rest in peace. This all comes at an interesting time. I believe God is working something amazing in my favor very soon and He is showing me the road that I must follow to live a purposeful life....the life I was destined to live.

Praising Him in advance!!!!!

*Sweet  P*

1 comment:

  1. You know what? If I died tomorrow, I'm sure maybe a few tears would be shed, then the next week, they'd hire someone to replace me. Business as usual. Our jobs should not define us. Let's treat it for what it is. I need to put more time and effort into the things I care most about and those who care about me. Those like my family, friends and man who if I were gone, would actually feel a void in their life.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)