February 17, 2010

Today is National Drop That LOSER Day!!

Not sure if there is some cosmic interruption in the universe, but lately I have been hearing way too many stories of men not treating women with the respect that they deserve. I think having been out of a relationship for so long, I now know what I will tolerate and what makes me want to open up fire and blast his.....okay I'm back....woooosahhhh! See I have come to realize that people will do to you what you allow them too. Male and female vampires will take advantage of a situation as long as they are able to continue drawing blood. I used to hold a grudge against some of the no good creeps from the past, but to be honest, they only did what I let them. I ignored the signs of trickery, listened to the foolish excuses, and continued to take the calls that came days after the messages I left. I can't even be mad. If I had put my foot down and said NO MORE, then there would be none.

With that said, I have declared today "National Drop that Loser Day." What better way to commemorate this than on Ash Wednesday. As we are reminded today that we are dust and to dust we shall return, let us finally put to rest some of these relationships that are taking more from us rather than adding to our lives. Let us vow to love ourselves more than we love that man/woman. Let us honor ourselves with relationships that make us smile/laugh more than cry. Let us value ourselves enough to be with someone who respects us enough to be monogamous. Whew, I gotta do a dance on that one! I'm too good to share a man with another woman. I wish I knew back in my 20s what I know today, but I have no regrets for each thorn is a reminder of how far I have come. Lessons have been learned fo' sho'! Still learning some and still making mistakes, but I take ownership of it all and do not put blame on anyone.

So in honor of "National Drop That Loser Day," I ask that you stop accepting less than you deserve ladies and gentlemen!!!!!! Hold out for LOVE. "Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." -Carrie, "Sex and the City"

P.S. Shout out to all my WINNERS out there whose stories give me hope and remind me to never settle for crumbs. (I have a huge appetite and need a banquet!!) For you, its "National Hug Your Winner Day." :)

*Sweet P*

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I'll give my winner a hug for you. I let go my loser 4 years and a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! One of the best articles,blogs,thoughts, etc I ever read. Probably I'm biased because my Loser was a leech and nearly sucked me dry! If it wasn't for her though I probably would b married and even happier than I an now. But to be honest it wasn't for that relationship and it being that bad. My current one wouldn't b as great as it is. More importantly I wouldn't appreciate my light,my relationship, the love I receive now. So I'd to thank my "loser" for the life lessons I learned and experienced. "If it never rains, you'll never appreciate the sunshine!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, our losers pave the way for out blessings. Thank God for them all! Stef, so happy you let yours go because I love the man that you have brought into our lives. And in turn, Will, glad you let yours go, so you could be freed up to receive the happiness that was made for you both. Thank you for being an example...that's why I CHOOSE to hold out for love no matter what.

    Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well unfortunately I can't totally let go (trust me I would love to) but we have a mutual friend u know him Richie! So it wasn't all bad.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)