May 18, 2011

Life for me ain't been no crystal stair....

These past few weeks have been BLAH!!! Like Langston Hughes says in his poem, "Mother to Son,"

Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.

I have literally, as someone said on "Survivor," been "carried by God." If it wasn't one thing it was another. I have to say my time off prepared be for the storm. I was rested and knew exactly what to do to ride it out.

But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.

The enemy was busy in the lives of my family and friends. They were dealing with issues that were beyond their control and their pain hurt me. I believed God to do a good thing, but it would be in His time. All I had to do was think back on so many things that He had brought be from in the past....His body of evidence in my life proved that HE would prevail. It's like he was telling me....

So [P], don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --

And today, I smile for real. Cheesing...He made what seemed impossible, possible and I give Him all the praise. Shaken, but never stirred. ..

For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

*Sweet P*

2 comments:

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)