December 27, 2011

My best lesson of the year...

What a year!! At the end of 2010, I knew that 2011 was going to bring me so much, but I had no idea that the lessons learned would require me to take such a brutal beating. UGH!! I met some great men this year who turned out to just not be good men for me. I ended some stale friendships that had expired years ago. I took some chances that didn't work in my favor, but I have no regrets. There were many mistakes that I made this year, but the bad decisions were made from a very weak and lonely place. REAL TALK!! Everything had to happen to bring me to this place of peace.

Exhale...

The holidays came this year out of no where and I found myself at one point wondering why I once again had no one to share it with. Immediately, I shook that ish off and reminded myself of the people that I do have that make everyday feel like Christmas. Then I thought of the knuckleheads who could have been around to just annoy me and I thanked God for His grace and mercy. See sometimes as intelligent as I am, I tolerate nonsense longer than I should. When this happens, my God who sees what I am unable to see on the surface (or what I pretend not to see), steps in and saves me. It's like when a small child wanders off into the street and a huge truck is coming...He comes in and swoops me up in His arms. I am so grateful that I am covered.

So as I embark on another new year, I got the best lesson this morning. I'm reading a book called, "The Weight of Silence," a mother speaking to her daughter told her this:
"People say that being a mother is the most important job you will ever have. And it is very important. But it is even more important, I believe, to be a wife, a good wife. I don't mean you have to be a floor mat. That's not what I mean at all. I mean, who you choose to walk with through life will be the most important decision that you will ever, ever make. You will have your children and you will love them because they are yours and because they will be wonderful. Just like you. But who you marry is a choice. The man you choose should make you happy, encourage you in following your dreams, big ones and little ones."
I hollered AMEN! on metro after reading that and the lady next to me smiled and said that must have been something good and I shared the passage with her. She said, "That's very good advice," and wished that she had chosen better. Then she would not be "stuck in the situation she is in now." I am so happy that I am FREE to make better choices and nothing that I have done before this moment has me "stuck in a situation."

FREE!! Dropping it low for my freedom...Whoop whoop!!!

Sweet P

7 comments:

  1. I truly believe that when you are happy in every aspect of your life (job, finances, etc.), then you will be able to receive that romance that you deserve.

    That was such a great quote from that book. I gotta read that next. :)

    P, Can't wait for 2012! I know I took like 8 months out of your life to plan my wedding. You being you gave it all you had. Let's regroup. It's a new year. It's all about you! Now "Drop it, drop it low..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a difference a year makes signed handsom bmore dude, ravens fan, deadskins critic, aka cool c. Lol

      Delete
  2. You are right...It is all about me this year! LOL Get your popcorn ready ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a year makes signed handsom bmore dude, ravens fan, deadskins critic, aka cool c. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also big dummy, headache and a half, purple fool, pain in my.....aka the idiot LOL

      Delete
    2. What a difference a year makes. Now can I get another year to have a nephew/niece and cousin(s) for Sisi?

      Delete
    3. Shut it!!!! Can u stop making plans for my uterus? Ugh

      Delete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)