January 2, 2012

What I won't do in 2012...

Happy New Year!!

It has started off great! I went to watch night service on New Year's Eve and the message was about not going back and only moving forward in the new year. Nothing that I didn't already know, but it was confirmation of the promise that was already put forth in my spirit over the past month.

So year after year I come up with this list of things that I am going to do for the new year and year after year I fall short and disappoint myself. This year I decided rather than make a list of what I'm gonna do, why not make a list of what I won't do in 2012.

12 Things I Won't (and I mean won't) Do in 2012

1. I won't give 100% of myself to anyone or anything with a 0% return.

2. I won't allow negative thoughts to ruin my mood.

3. I won't neglect myself. Meaning: I will always take pride in my appearance and TRY to comb my hair every day of the week. (That's gonna be tough LOL)!

4. I won't give my precious time to unhealthy friendships. This should be easy because I left most of those folks in 2011.

5. I won't be irresponsible with my spending.

6. I won't allow fear to stop me from doing ANYTHING. Doing it afraid in 2012!

7.  I won't continue to be lazy. Time to get moving and keep it sexxy ;o)

8. I won't feel bad for being selfish at times.

9. I won't let someone else's actions or words take from my positive energy.

10. I won't have ANY regrets.

11. I won't stop smiling and laughing and having fun and being Silly P (She rocks!)

12. I won't settle for anything less than what I deserve.

Now this is a list that I promise myself to complete. Looking forward to a phenomenal year!

*Sweet P*

4 comments:

  1. I had decided I wasn't going to make any resolutions either because just like you said we never get around to keeping them. So I just decided that this year I was going to live a new measure and a new rule i.e live on 'purpose'. Purpose has a voice I discovered that you and I have to respond to. And it's there to get you back on the right track. So here's to a New year, a new You and a new Me. It's
    going to be a great year. Lol Ji

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!! Cheers to living on purpose! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so when you made your list last year, I wasn't going to say anything, but..... I knew you weren't going to do them. You shocked me though. I think you did like 75%. I would have lost a bet if I made one. lol. In all honestly, my money's on you this year. I know you will NOT DO any of these things. I'm here to make sure you don't. Love you P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me. Last year wasn't a total lose. Heck I surprised myself LOL! Thanks for the support and encouragement. Please hold a sista accountable because it's so easy to just fall back....as I sit here giving myself a peptalk to head to my workout class tonight ;o)

    Love you back!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)