January 11, 2011

11 Days in, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

...and what a year its been so far! 2011 has had a funky start nationally. We've had thousands of birds and fish die, many many mass shootings of innocent people and I've have a few friends that are dealing with huge losses in their families. And the question is why am I sitting here smiling????

I believe that something amazing is working in the universe and all these horrible stories are to distract us and take us off course. People go into the new year so hopeful and ready for change. Ready to take on the world and believing that this new year will bring them something different than the last. What better way to ensure that your blessings don't come to pass than to blind you with turmoil and destruction? You begin to wonder why are are these bad things happening and lose sight of all the wonderful things that are taking place around you.

On New Year's Eve, I went to church and heard a sermon that got the wheels turning in my spirit. The preacher said that we tend to go into the new year hopeful and waiting. We spend the year sitting back and looking for God to work something in our lives. Then when what we want does not happen, we get upset and say maybe next year. Then we do the same thing all over again and get the same results. His message told me that I can't wait for something to just happen in my life. I have to make something happen and what I can't do God will do. That was a message that I so needed to hear and after letting go of so much in 2010 and being open to the newness of 2011, I was able to really receive this Word.

I went home and rang in the New Year on my knees and got up feeling refreshed. I toasted out 2010 with my sparking apple cider and had a party in my living room. As I was watching the crowds in NYC, I decided that I wanted to watched the ball drop there next year. This idea was the match that ignited my "2011 Bucket List." YAY!!! I made a list of 11 things that I wanted to accomplish this year. Things that I always say I want to do, but don't take action to make it happen. I'm so excited because I have a few things on my list that fear has stopped me from achieving. I plan to do it afraid. This year, I'm doing something different to get different results ;-) I can't tell you my list now, but I will tell you about each task where it's been crossed off. Stay tuned...This should be interesting indeed!

MY MESSAGE TO YOU: We made it to another year! Don't take it for granted. Rough start, but your happy ending is already written.

*Sweet P*

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention all this snow and freezing temps in places where it's never that cold. Crazy indeed! It must be something really good brewing. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)