December 31, 2010

My Top 20 Best Moments of 2010!!

Wow the year is almost over already! Time does fly when you're having fun. It was a good year. I had some moments that stalled, but didn't stop me. There were no pity parties allowed in my 2010, and I'm proud I didn't let those bad days turn into bad weeks/months.

I was going to do a list of my good and bad moments of the year, but decided to focus on the moments that made me smile, the moments that added to my life and the moments that I will treasure forever. Who cares what went wrong or what didn't happen the way I hoped? That was my plan. God had different things in store for me, and I choose to take time out right now to appreciate my gifts.

My Top 20 BEST Moments of 2010
  1. Starting my blog. I'm a very private person and was scared to open up. However, I love to write and found that I had a voice for single people that needed to be heard. Now, you just can't shut me up!! L
  2. The JayZ concert. HOVA! HOVA! The best concert of 2010 hands down! He's a great performer and makes the crowd feel like we received a special VIP invitation to party with him. Had a great time with my homegirl Steflova!
  3. My sister's engagement. From the moment her and Will met, it was inevitable that they would be husband and wife. I'm excited and privileged to be a part of their wedding day in 2011. Bring it!
  4. Saying goodbye to Brian. Woo woo woo. Never thought this day would come. It was a friendship that developed into something more than NOTHING. Ending the friendship was one of the best days of my life. It was freeing. Funny thing is that this week he's been calling and I keep ignoring his call. He must have a feeling that he's about to miss his ride into my 2011. BON VOYAGE my love...
  5. Realizing who my "real" friends are. Nuff said!
  6. Black Friday Tomfoolery! Once again we braved the cold to get a laptop and printer. Every year we say we are not going to ever do it again, but....Will we be in a line of cold fools November 27, 2011? Stay tuned...
  7. My new printer and laptop. It was worth the wait :-)
  8. Front row with Trey Baby. So close I could touch him. I started in the 2nd row, but jumped into the 1st when the lights went out. The concert was blah, but seeing my celeb crush that close was priceless.
  9. My GNO's with Natalie. This year I have spent more qualitytime with my cousin. During our Girl's Night Outs, we have shared laughs and stories of pain. It helps to have someone in your life that you can be openly real with. I have enjoyed our talks and look forward to more in the new year.
  10. Dancing!!! Drop it low, drop it low. It's my all-time favorite thing to do and no matter how I am feeling, when a song comes on I choose to dance. I predict that in 2011 I will dance more than I have in previous years, esp on July 23, 2011 (big grin).
  11. Bianka turning 21! It's been a long hard road, but my baby is not a baby anymore. Its been 14 years since she came into my life, and I cherish every moment. Love her beyond words.
  12. My new haircut. I took risks in 2010 and tried new things. Forget ordinary, I'm extraordinary! Loved my new do even before the compliments. I wonder what hairstyle I will have in 2011??? Maybe a new color?? We shall see.
  13. My Birthday. Always my favorite time of the year. Again, I had a ball and felt the love. The good thing is that you get another year to do it all over again...the countdown begins--4 months until my birthday!
  14. Finding out that Brandon and Jamal are JERKS!! God opened my eyes this year and cleared space that was being taken up by people who did not deserve my time. I thought that these 2 dummies were friends, but they lied to me. Lies to me to are the 8th deadly sin. Disgusting!! Wish them both well, but they too don't get to ride the Sweet P train into 2011.
  15. I bowled a 127!! Who knew?? Usually I only bowl once year for my birthday. One day I met up with my girl Chelle and got some pointers that helped me keep my ball out of the gutter. I even got a strike! I plan to bowl more in 2011. It's so much fun. Maybe I will join a league. LOL!
  16. My 1 date. Yes, it didn't amount to anything, but I got out and had a little fun with someone new. I predict that I will have more dates in 2011. Shoot I better!!!!
  17. Run Tell That winning the Championship!! It was a great basketball season for my team. Being the "manager" was fun and I enjoyed doing the recaps. I promise to be more consistent with them next time :-/ I look forward to the spring season.
  18. Meeting Karlton. Aww! He opened me up to so much this year. I tried new things and had fun. He was a seasonal fling, but I learned the lessons that I needed and have no regrets. He so boosted my confidence in so many ways. He will be missed fondly, but the good thing is even thinking about him now...I smile.
  19. My "modification." An unexpected blessing right before the new year. To God be all the Glory!!
  20. Finally seeing the beauty in me. Loving the me that HE made me to be. I'm content. I'm happy. I'm ready for everything that 2011 has in store for my life and plan to enjoy the ride (even if it gets bumpy).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Thank you for your support and taking the time to read my blog. I can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer. My guess is that it will be AMAZING....on purpose!

*Sweet P*

4 comments:

  1. Wow 2010 was good, but 2011 is going to be even better. Glad I was able to share in many of your highlighted moments with you. Jay was sooooo much fun. I mean it was like my 4th time seeing him but it felt like the first. That next day was dreadful. Who goes to a concert midweek during tax season when I had to be at work at 630? Lol. Good times!!! Can't wait to see your 2011 list and will hopefully see you know what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes 2010 was good, but 2011 is gonna rock!!! So can't wait to see everything unfold. Get your popcorn ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the list and feel privileged to have made the list. You are inspiring me to do my own list. Everytime I read your blog I tell myself that i'm going to blog right along with you but sadly I don't :( Ah well, I will live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)