December 15, 2010

Having a Cute Day...

I know you call me beautiful, but I don't always believe it.
I know you find me sexxxy, but I don't always feel it.
You say I'm a pretty young thang, but some days I think I'm just aiiight.

Yes I have that walk and talk and swing of the head that makes people THINK I know I got it goin' on....
But don't be fooled! Most days it's just a mirage.
This black swan was once an ugly duckling.

Back in the day, beauty didn't come in this complexion and have this texture hair.
I was the good friend. The on the shelf girl. The ride or die chick,
But never your most prized jewel.

When I was younger, only my mother called me beautiful,
And I figured she was biased since I looked just like her.
Know that your compliments are treasured gold nuggets that I keep in my pockets.
(They are spilling over by the way).

Over the years, I learned to smile and say thank you rather than question your motives.
Not too long ago, the scars of the past finally healed.
And today...TODAY, I think I see what you see.

*Sweet P*

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pretty Girl! Glad you are FINALLY realizing how beautiful you are. It's ok to know it and not be cocky about it :). I just wish you would have put up a split screen pic of the before. I have plenty if you want. We've both come a long way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl those pics are terrible!!! Its a miracle I look so different. We have both come a long way. Let's keep getting finer like aged wine...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)