September 9, 2010

When you let God drive, you get there faster.

I know it's been a little while since I blogged. I miss you just as much as you miss me ;)

Life has been beating me up the past month. I was busy running around putting into other people and things and when I got a moment to myself, I was too tired to put back into me. DRAINED!!! This is why I decided to take off the last week of August for a stay-cation to reconnect with the person I love most next to God....Sweet P. I went to the beach with myself. I took myself on a movie and a lunch date. I treated myself to a day of pampering. I remembered who I fell in love with years ago and rekindled my own flame.

I sit here now remembering the week and it was just a few days ago, but feels so far away. How did I get back to this place of stress so fast? Why do I feel like I need another vacation and I just took one? I'm doing too much work in my life. I'm spending too much time dealing with issues that I have no control over. My anal retentiveness has convinced me that I am superwoman and that I have the power to make all things on earth better. I literally just woke up from that dream/nightmare...It's amazing what you learn about yourself when you open your eyes and be honest. Didn't even know how crazy I was until I just said that. GROWTH!

I am not a super-religious person, but I have a strong faith relationship with God and put Him at the head of my life. Everything I am I owe to Him. He has spared me over and over in ways that are unimaginable. He is the ONLY constant in my life...

MY CONFESSION: I have been treating God like I do people. I push His love away. I don't trust Him at times out of fear of being hurt. I dominate our conversations and sometimes ignore what He says because I don't want to hear the truth. Funny thing is that when I do this, most people leave me alone and the people who love me, know me and just let me be. God on the other hand, He won't allow it at all--no matter what. He stays in my ear, in my face, in my heart. Even now, He's saying, "Finally you get it and I ain't goin' no where."

It is time for me to sit in this passenger seat and let God drive. No more giving him directions! No more asking if He needs me to take the wheel! No more questions about where we are going and are we there yet! No more looking for rest stops! No more interfering with His driving, period! I will be quiet and sit back and ride in style. I am certain now that I will get there faster (wherever there is).

Whew!! That was a tough lesson for me. *tears*

~Sweet P~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)