September 19, 2010

National Singles Week???

September 19-25 (the third week of September) is National Singles Week. You have got to be kidding me?? Whose bright idea was it to give us a week and what is it that we are to do to "celebrate" this time in our lives? And why a week? I'm single 365 days a year. I really think this week was made up by some woman who was trying to embrace her singleness happily. I know that right now, if she's still single, she's kicking herself. LOL!

I'm not mad at the week, just think its stupid. Being single is a journey that cannot be measured by time or space. Some days its wonderful and some days you want to slap the next person who comes and says to you, "I'm engaged!" Basically every single person is in a different place at a different time. No one needs a reminder that they don't have anyone. What's what we have Valentine's Day for....All I'm saying is if you wish me a Happy Singles Week be prepared to eat those words.

Thanks but no thanks,

*Sweet P*

1 comment:

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)