May 18, 2010

Always be READY!!!

So I have a date today. This is a rare occasion. An actual date. Going out to a movie. Out of the house. Not just someone passing by to say hello or "get a hug." A real date. It's been so long that I have not done ANY preparation for it. I planned to go home and get myself together (i.e. fix hair, shave my mustache--oh the joys of a hairy woman, put on some smell good, etc.), but now he wants to pick me up from work. I told him I was tired and wanted to do an early movie, but I would not get home until 6 due to my commute. His solution: "I'll just pick you up from work and we can go to a movie close by. Then I'll take you to your car at the metro." Wow, how nice and thoughtful. I was so amazed at his generosity, I immediately said YES!!!

Problem....

Just realized, I didn't SHAVE MY MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!! Not only that, its raining today and I have on my "It's nasty outside and I'm tired and I don't feel like going to work or any place else and I wish I could stay in bed all day and eat ice cream" outfit. A mess!!! It's times like this I am reminded that a single woman must always be on and ready for anything.

Anyway, dates are few and far between. I will not cancel....off to CVS for an emergency date kit that I will keep in my desk for next time.

Lesson Learned #65...thanks Steflova!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. Too funny. You make me miss being single. Not saying I've let myself go since I'm "boo'd up", but I have my India Aire days, if you know what I mean. Yes I get my hair done every two weeks, but u remind me that other things need to be maintained. I recall a day when Will was staring at me and smiling. I was like "what?". He said, "You have a mustache..its cute". From that day on I promised myself I would do better. I refuse to be one of those women who becomes frumpy after marriage. I'm gonna keep it sexy at all times. Feel free to call me out if u catch me slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I must say when I have been boo'd up-like, I too would let things go. We must stop this right now!! We should maintain sexy at all times, not for them but for us. Because I'm tired of the mustache and amazon legs. I will keep you on track if you return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What u guys don't like a little peach fuzz on ur upper lip! lol! But its all good its always nice to c ur girlfriend, wife whatever to u in ur natural selves. Maybe not on the 1st date but its nice to c. We love u for who u r not what u look like. But yeah keep ur Batman utility belt in ur desk. For occasions like that. Many more dates to come

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)