April 12, 2010

The simple joys of life...

I love my God-baby so much!

We spent the weekend together and had a fantabulous time! I realized this weekend that I miss having children in my life. At all of my previous jobs, there was some sort of interaction will a little person throughout the day. Some days I was ready to throw them out of the window, but then there were the days that the little angels would touch a special place in my heart. Now that I am far removed from direct services and working for women, children and families on the policy side, I need to find other ways to give back physically and be more hands on. I think now I will be able to enjoy it more since it's outside of my scope of work. Truly a selfless act of kindness that I do not get paid for!

My God-baby AKA Pretty Girl has grown into such a beautiful young girl. She is 8 years old and at the age where our time together has become more meaningful. We have conversations about life and she has questions about any and everything. During our lunch date at our favorite Chinese restaurant on Saturday she asked me, "God-mommy, are you still praying for your husband?" I told her yes and that I appreciated her prayers as well. Then she asked me if I had a boyfriend. Why is the whole world concerned with this aspect of my life??? It was like my mother had secretly prepped Pretty Girl with interrogation questions. I told her that at this time there was no one God-mommy called her boyfriend (whatever that means LOL). She asked me, "Why don't you have a boyfriend because you are so pretty?" How sweet! If only it was that easy....My response, "God-mommy is kissing frogs and waiting for one to turn into a Prince." I thought this would be the end of it, but NOOOO! She then asks me how many frogs have I kissed so far. I almost spit out my food. Please!! How on earth am I supposed to keep track of that number??? ROTF!! I just lied to her and told her ?? She was quiet for a moment, then said, "Well I think you only have 3 more frogs to kiss before your Prince." Not sure why, but after she said that I believed her and started to get excited.

So pucker up....

*Sweet P*

P.S. Its less than 16 days until my Birthday!! I've been so focused on the day coming, I haven't started planning. What to do?? What to do?? Hmmm....


2 comments:

  1. lol....just three more eh? hmm indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah simple joys! When you can give them back! Wait til they throw up in your car piss on u, eat u out of house and home! But ill tell what a former coworker told me. You can have the worst day @ work but when you walk through that door and they yell "Daddy" running to you with arms wide open makes your day.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)