April 22, 2010

I only date Black men. It's my prerogative!

I was told recently by a White co-worker that I should consider dating outside of my race. She was reading about an article in the Washington Post that said that the pool of good, single, educated Black men available to Black women was very small and more Black women are dating outside of their race (mainly White men) to increase their options.

My response to my coworker was that I am more attracted to Black men and have never thought about (seriously) dating a White man. Nothing against them at all, but I have a preference. I have friends and family who are in interracial relationships and I think any couple can live happily together regardless of race or ethnic background. So why did she respond to me saying that I am limiting myself and if there are no good Black men left, I will most likely end up alone. HUH?

First, I disagree with many of these so-called studies. Who is this population that they are studying? Where are they getting their data from? Sometimes I think it’s just an evil spirit in the universe that is trying to make us discouraged and bitter. I refuse to believe that my Black Knight is not going to one day ride into my life and sweep me off my feet. I have met many great men that just weren’t the ones for me, but could be that special someone for some woman out there.

Rest assured….They ARE out there. Since I run into so many nice, young Brothas I decided that I will be spotlighting 1 every month.  If you find him interesting, shoot me an email and I’ll hook it up! Hey, maybe I’ll find one for me ;)

NOTE: I’ve added a new addition to my blog: The People’s Poll.

2 comments:

  1. "I like them brown black yellow Puerto Rican or Haitian" Phife said it best. There is beauty everywhere. So much so that there is no such thing as limiting yourself. I don't if black men r hard to find. I know plenty, my family is full of them and I'm raising one (more to come now). I think we get a bad rap media doesn't do us justice. They rather concern themselves with Pacman Jones than Warrick Dunn. But its okay we will keep doing our thing under the radar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being one Black man that goes against the statistics. You are young, educated, faithful, and an amazing father. Thank you for making me believe in love again.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)