March 29, 2010

We are 1 month away...


In 1 month I will celebrate another year! Time sure does fly. I'm getting younger, wiser, more in tune with who I am, what I like and what I won't tolerate. It's not by coincidence that my birthday comes at a time of renewal and rebirth....SPRING!! Out with the old and in with the new. I plan to do less...

  • worrying
  • fussing
  • complaining
  • sitting at home alone
  • eating junk food
  • wasting brand new days
  • thinking about the consequences
  • engaging with ignorant/stupid folk
  • ignoring my true feelings
  • emotional shopping

AND I WILL do more...

  • yada yada yada....
  • smiling
  • laughing
  • living in the moment
  • opening myself to the possibility of ____ (fill in the blank)
  • praying
  • believing in happy endings
  • smelling roses and disposing of BS
  • living with no regrets
  • hanging out with family and friends
  • smart shopping

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year!!!!

Enjoy the season,

*Sweet P*

P.S. The flower in the picture is called Sweet Pea. It is my name, my favorite color, April's birth flower, and my symbol. Isn't it beautiful!!?? INTERESTING FACT: Sweet Pea's have a sweet fragrance and are used by many gardeners just for the scent it gives off in their garden. 

Go figure ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a countdown til your bday. Nothing like taking time out one time a year to show God how grateful you are to HIM for giving you another year. Some people sulk around their bdays cuz they are approaching the big (insert age here). You do the opposite! You know the true meaning of a bday. Enjoy it! One question...will you do LESS of adding people to a mental list who don't call you to wish you a happy bday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for making me think on that one sis. You are right....its a new day! Time to stop holding grudges. I celebrate me enough for everyone. I can't help, but be salty when "certain" folks don't acknowledge my day, but I can give "some" people a pass. We will see. I plan to handle it on a case by case basis. LOL! There are a few people right now who are trying to figure out the day. People that should know by now. People that I usually feel sorry for and tell them the day to avoid me having to cuss them out. In the words of the soup nazi on Seinfeld, "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!" HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st of all I "refuse" to acknowledge "your day". So don't stop holding grudges on my account. Matter of fact don't worry about putting me on the list. I'm putting my self on the list. Remember what I said on " 2 months and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you love your birthday and acknowledge other people's day of birth! I need more friends like you! I feel birthdays are special for everyone b/c you are celebrating LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will SHUT UP!!!! See you at the festivities!

    Chris...exactly! Life is too precious to not be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)