March 3, 2010

I don't have to be seen, just heard

So I have been planning this conference for work since last September and now I am looking at the conference program and nowhere in it do you see my name. I mean I have WORKED non-stop for months. Late hours, stress-filled days, dealing with all kinds of personalities....all by myself and at the end, no thank you, no recognition, no job well done, but all credit goes to Miranda! (I call her that because she reminds me of the chick from "The Devil Wears Prada." My Devil wears Gucci and Chanel though LMBO). She had me do all the work and now that it is all said and done, she can strut her stuff and smile for the cameras.


I can never be her. I don't want to be her. I take pride in what I do and who I am. I don't do it to be seen. Because of me this conference will be successful. The attendees will get their monies worth and I am proud of that. I am a hard worker, always have been. If I lived for the sake of people and their approval, I would crumble in this dog eat dog world that we live in. Luckily, I do my job and in my heart, it is well. That is where my recognition comes. So on the last day of the conference (March 17th---can't wait!!!!), when she stands to get her praise for all the work "she" has accomplished, I will smile because I know that it’s all really for me....and then update my resume to let the record reflect ;)


Don't sweat the small stuff folks! Life is too short!


*Sweet P*

4 comments:

  1. No! No! No! F*¢k that! I don't have to be seen but must be PAID. I don't care if my name is on the front page of the New York Times or on the 2-ply toilet paper in the stall best believe I will b paid. Yeah sorry got a little Carl Thomas there all emotional! But yeah on a serious note u dont need the accolades or the credit but I bet you like your account to be credited for the work ur puttin in. I know ur grindin "no homo" and making something out of nothing. Keep all the miracles your producing well documented so when its time to sit down and renegotiate ur "contract" they know the deal! Keep up the good work and keep making things happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sis! That is sweet, but way too much responsibility.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)