January 11, 2010

Happy New Year & Welcome to My Blog!

First, thank you for taking the time to listen to me ramble. Yes, my mind is cluttered with random thoughts and I figured why not let it out. Please do not be mistaken. This blog is not designed for your entertainment purposes only. I'm doing it for me. This is a way for me to scream out loud, vent my issues, laugh at life, and cry over spilled milk, just because. It's therapeutic for my trials of living this fabulous life ALONE. It’s about love, relationships, work, family, spirituality, health and wellness and everything else that I see and feel in this vessel called a SINGLE BLACK WOMAN.

I have been thinking about blogging for a long time and the perfectionist in me could not decide on a background. It had to be just right. Not too bright, not too girly, easy for people to see. Then today I just said WHATEVER (as my mother always says). Who cares what you think about my background. It has nothing to do with my message. Figured I'd just pick something that makes me smile. Butterflies...

Its kinda funny because no matter how much we say we don't measure what we do, how we dress, what we say based on other people, ultimately we care what people think of us. I crossed over into 2010 deciding to be me and not be concerned with people's perceptions of me. Yes, I'm 30+ and I am single. How can I expect society (and my family) to accept my marital status if I don't? I'm tired of that stupid question, "Why are you single?" My own mother calls me a waste. You have to know her to understand what she means. She wants the best for me. She sees my beauty, inside and out and cannot understand why I do not have a man to share my life with. I realized that I’m usually fine until someone looks at me with pity or makes me feel that my life is not complete unless I have a family of my own. I have 2 degrees, a great job, my own home and I’m cute to death ;) Yet, the only thing that matters to some folk is that I do not have MRS in front of my name.

Well I rang in the new year once again toasting to ME with my sparkling apple cider and I thanked God for peace of mind, good health, my family, my friends, and a special someone that doctors told me would not make it to 2010. That’s something to be grateful for. Nothing else matters. I am not sure what 2010 holds for me, but whatever it is I’m excited. I look forward to the journey and welcome you along for the ride. If you take something from this blog that blesses you, I'm happy. If something you read makes you want to cuss me out, I'm happy. My goal is to get women and men talking about what's not being said. REAL TALK!!

Please feel free to leave your comments. "We find comfort among those who agree with us--growth among those who don't." (Frank A. Clark)

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace and Blessings ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you. Love you big sis!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)