January 27, 2010

"A Jezebel Spirit"

Wow! Bible study was amazing tonight. Pastor has been doing a relationship series since the start of the year. His focus for this year is on the Black Family. Its a State of Emergency and we need rebuilding. Anyway, this week's topic was "The Curse of the Man." I was all ready to hear about what "they" do wrong and how "they" can do better, but who knew God would have a word for me on the part "I" play in my own demise. Pastor made the point that the best way to get a man to be spiritual and be what you need him to be is not with your lips, but with your life. He said that women who nag men and yap at the mouth about this and that have a "Jezebel Spirit." It was like he slapped me across the face (and my sister too who was sitting next to me with the same look of shame on her face LOL).

We all do it and we need to stop. We need to let men be men and not run them away with our words. They do not listen to us when we speak down to them or make them feel less than they are. We say that we understand that a wife should be submissive to her husband, but do not walk and talk like we believe it. I have a very strong personality.

One of my very good male friends calls me Bossy. I know he's joking, but there's truth to it. Just the other day he called me and asked was I sick or something because I sounded so sweet. I need to do better and this word tonight was confirmation of that. I'm tired of being a Jezebel!! Silence is a more powerful.

Oh this is gonna be hard. Pray for me...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting me on blast. I've been working on it, and getting a lot better. It doesn't help that God sent me a man who is quiet and doesn't tell me when to shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes patience is a virtue, but silence is golden. That's a nice way of saying "SHUT UP"

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)