January 17, 2010

*My Gratitudes*

What a week! The devastation in Haiti and the death of the one and only Teddy P. So sad! After watching CNN all week and crying, one day I saw something AMAZING! In the middle of all the rubble and dead bodies, a group of Haitians were singing and shouting. For them to be able, in the midst of death and destruction, to still have joy--to still have FAITH.....It stopped me. I have made some things in my life bigger than they need to be. Although, I know I am blessed and I am thankful for my life, I can, at times, take the simple things for granted. As I continue to pray for everyone affected by the earthquake in Haiti, I think about 10 things that I am grateful for this week:

1. Food, water, and shelter, and especially FOOD ;)

2. My family and friends.

3. My job.

4. Peace of mind.

5. My singleness. Yes, I’m single, but at least there is no my man in my life that gives me a headache. I rather be alone than have someone and still feel like I’m alone. YES!!!

6. Laughter and American Idol. I don’t really watch the show, but this week with all the sadness on TV I needed an outlet. I laughed until I cried happy tears. “Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground. Lookin' like a fool wit’ your pants on the ground.” LMBO!! Priceless!

7. The rain. Mother Nature gave me a free car wash. Gracie is clean again!

8. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Not just for the day off tomorrow (it is nice though), but for paving the way for me to be who I am today and for making a way for my children and their children to be anything they want to be, even President of the United States--YES WE CAN!!

9. The Minnesota Vikings for defeating the COWGIRLS! Nuff said!

AND last but not least,

10. The Word of God and Philippians 4:7, which reminds me that “…the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)