April 1, 2013

Blog title change???

I've had a few people ask me about changing the title of my blog. I guess they think since I'm in a relationship it's time to switch out the "single" in the title. Puh-lease! That would be cool to do....if I was married!! 

When I complete my tax forms, I'm single. You don't get any credits for that. When the census folk come around, I'm single. Family of 1. When the bills come to the house, its clear that a sista is single. Only 1 income up in dis here piece! So why in the world would I change my title? My marital status is SINGLE. Single does not mean available. I'm currently involved, but still a single woman. And hey if I did decide to change the title, what would I change it to? Hmmm.

Funny thing is I never even thought of changing my status. Didn't cross my mind at all. I still embrace my singleness. Enjoy time to myself. Love being able to come and go freely. Don't get me wrong, I always consider my significant other and he's a huge part of my life, but I AM my first love. Being single rocks at times. And one day this single gal will share a home with a man who may not be as neat as I am and maybe I'll have a couple snotty-nosed children running around....I'm living it up while I can.

So basically, when they call all the single ladies to the floor to catch the bouquet, I'm still eligible. Until he decides to put a ring on it LOL

Sweet P

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)