April 25, 2013

I wish that I could have this moment for life...

What a difference a year makes!! Last year this time I was getting ready to celebrate another birthday and was just blah. I wasn't unhappy; I was very much at peace. But I was just in a quiet place and didn't want the rah rah I usually engage in for my birthday. I had dinner with the fam and had this feeling in my bones that my life was going to go on a wonderful journey. I had no idea that it would take off with this speed, but I love every minute of it.

When I set out last year to live life more abundantly and to do it even if I'm afraid, I didn't know that God was going to really put me to the test. I've done things and been places and felt feelings that I never imagined I'd encounter. I even got weaved up (see picture)!!! So completely out of my character! And now after a few days, I'm loving my new look. Long hair don't care LOL!

I'm leaving  tomorrow to celebrate my birthday on the beach. A vacation that is long overdue and oh so needed! The best part is that I get to spend time with my bff, the love of my life (and his b-day is the day after mine). So excited! This will be our first trip away together. The first time we have spent this much time together. And the first time I have ever in my life traveled with a man....it should be very interesting and thrilling at the same time. I think we will both learn so much about one another that will take our relationship to a whole nutha level.

Right now, my heart is overflowing with all the love that I have experienced the last year. I have my niecey poo who makes me smile just by being around her. Then there's my mom, sis and bro who make my life easier when I pretend like I'm superwoman. It's nice to have people in your corner who TRULY care about you. Lastly, but certainly not the least, is my Calvin. My all-time favorite song is "Wait for Love" by Luther. I've annoyed many people singing this. I swear the song was made just for me. So so happy I waited for the love he sings about. "I was hoping one day there could be a chance for me to get the love that I been missin'. Sometimes love takes a long time, but wait for love and you're gonna get the chance to love." Well my time is now and I'm on cloud 9!

All this began with God, who gave me a peace that surpasses all understanding. That peace opened me up to so much. As I cross over into another year of life, I'm filled with such gratefulness. This joy I have, can't nothing or nobody take it away.

I wish that I could have this moment for life!

Happy Birthday to ME...and my baby!

*Sweet P*

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)