July 11, 2011

Ike Turner: The dead done risen

Why oh why can't some men just stay gone???

Okay, so I'm walking to CVS this morning in a pretty good mood for a Monday after a busy weekend. I wore a dress today because its going to be hot. Got a couple compliments from some passer-byers that made me feel good because the dress stayed in the closet because I couldn't zip it once upon a time. Today, a sista even has room to breathe in it...Watch out 'der now! Working on that new mindset...

So who do I see at the end of the street smiling at me...Ike Turner. I did my best to not roll my eyes or turn the other way and avoid him. When I got closer he said, "Hello George-ous!" I then regretted ever sharing my George-isms with him, for he is not worthy. LOL! I simply said, "Hi." Mind you, I didn't stop walking. He then says, "Can you stop to talk to me for a minute?" to the back of my head because I have now passed him. I continue to walk and turn to say, "Sorry I'm in a hurry." That brothas smile disappeared. Poor thing...

I immediately tell my cousin that I just saw Ike and she asks, "Turner? Didn't he die?" I told her that was my nickname for ole boy and yes both of them died. One physically. One figuratively. LOL! I so love my life.

By the time I got back to my office, I had 7 missed called and 5 texts from Ike. *bbm straight face* Seriously!!?? The texts said: You looked really good. We should do lunch sometime. How you been? I really miss you. I really messed up. Let me make it up to you. Why oh why Ike?? He was doing so good and staying away. I have absoluetly no desire to even respond and say stop contacting me. Only question I have is for myself: What the heck were you thinking messing with that tiny, angry Black man? LMBO!!!

R.I.P. Ike...

*Sweet P*

3 comments:

  1. You know what I can't help but think: Why didn't you turn around and go back to him. And give him that same @$$ whoopin that Tina gave Ike in the Limo. Then he wouldn't be callin and textin nobody but the paramedics. LOL! Goodbye IKE! And no Anna-Mae WILL NOT EAT THIS CAKE! LMBO!!!

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, he acted like us running into each other was a good thing. He finally stopped txting. Hopefully, he got the hint. Glad that I was able to provide you some entertainment today. Good laughs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this pic of Ike is priceless!!!! ROTFL

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)