July 6, 2011

Happy Hump Day!!

Sleep has been a friend that I have not had the pleasure of  spending time with lately. Last night we reconnected and had a ménage à trois with Maxwell...it was beautiful. I woke up with a smile on my face and a song on my heart. Just one of those days where you feel so damn good, for no damn good reason.

To top it off, I'm driving into work and Simply Red, "Holding Back the Years," comes on my XM radio. I'm sure the whole DMV heard me scream YESSSS! This song right here! Classic and timeless. So because this is my song and the words....the words....those words...my dramatic butt was in the car singing and swaying to those horns like someone was paying me for my performance. Then I looked over at the car next to me and this man was singing and swaying with me. (Days like this I realize that I'm not the only fool in the world and my craziness is validated). Interesting enough the light was still red, so we had a good ole time. Then he yells over, "Miss Lady you have made my day." I gave him my classic head tilt smile and said, "Happy Hump Day!"

The truth is I can't take all the credit. Something about this song...It's like it starts out sad, but then in the middle you let the sadness go, and then by the end only hope remains. So thanks to Simply Red, me and my singing partner will have a good day on purpose.

Enjoy...

*Sweet P*

1 comment:

  1. Who was the third object/person in the ménage à trois? Sleep? :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)