June 16, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday Tupac Amaru Shakur!



Wow! Time flies. Today Tupac would have been 40 years old. Gone waaaay too soon, but left a body of work that will live on for years. There was a lot of negativity associated with him and his death was not pretty, but he had a heart and a passion for shining a light on the injustices of this world. I will always respect his intentions in the upliftment (if that's even a word lol) of black people as a whole. 

Today let's not speak ill of him or focus our attention on some fool who claims to have shot him. Time to put it all in the past and toast it up to Tupac, who I am sure is partying for his birthday...

1 comment:

  1. My favorite rapper. Miss this guy. All time favorite song hands down is "Life Goes On". I think it was on the All Eyez on Me album (the double cd). I used to listen to this song on repeat all day during my weekends working at Geico in high school. LOL.

    I never lived his lifestyle or that of anything that was spoken in this song, but it used to give me this feeling like I did. The power of words.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)