June 25, 2010

God ALWAYS has my back...

....Even when I am careless.

I was in ATL this week for work. It was my first time and I really like Atlanta. I will mos def go back to visit for pleasure. Well, Wednesday waiting at the airport for my return home, I worked the heck out of my Blackberry and the battery was on its last leg. I cut the phone off to conserve enough energy to call my mom and sis when I landed safely. I guess when I cut the phone off and put it in my bag it slithered to the floor because when I landed in B-more I could not find it. Funny thing is that I was not even frantic. I knew exactly what I did and just figured I would handle it the next day. Yes it would be expensive to replace, but some careless mistakes are costly. I called my mom from my work phone and told her that I lost my cell. She said well a woman found it and called her to return it to me. I gave God praise, but was too tired to comprehend the magnitude of this event at that time. It wasn't until I got home that it hit me....HE did it yet AGAIN!!

All my life, God has had me on His mind, even when I neglect to have him on mine. Chance after chance, do-over after do-over, I have been protected and COVERED!!! This is not the first time He has bailed me out of my own mess:

1. I left my purse on a London bus and someone found it and mailed it back to me....OVERSEES! Lost the SAME purse again on metro and got it back again. I know that there are still some good people left in this world, but come on....the purse came back each time with all of its contents....that was a supernatural blessing indeed!

2. Had a date from hell and had to walk home at the wee hours of the morning. I will not tell you where I was or what happened, but let's just say I was not in the best of neighborhoods in DC and had to walk home to MD. Had no idea how I was going to do it, but left and started walking. I got maybe 10 steps before I was stopped by an ambulance asking where I was going at that time. I told them the story and they put me in the back and took me home. Now this was a DC ambulance and they could not go into MD, but did it for me. No way that was a coincidence. God sent an angel to me that night. I can't imagine what would have happened to me if I made that walk that night, but because of His grace and mercy I will never have to know.

I could go on and on about the many times God has gotten me out of sticky situations. I hear from people how lucky I am, but its not true at all. There is a covering over my life that sometimes I don't think I deserve. For some reason, God always has me on his radar. The praise I give Him could never be enough in my lifetime.

So right now I'm without a phone, but I take it as a sign that I was too connected into everyone and not everyone needs to be connected to me. Its nice and quiet for a moment. How it should be even if I have my cellular. There are also some desires of my heart that I think about more than I think I should. God just reminded me that I have nothing to worry about...

He has everything in control.

Praising Him in advance,

*Sweet P*

2 comments:

  1. Woooowww! You are truly blessed! The "date from hell" story really got me because that had to be the work of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES GIRL!!! It got me too, but only years later when I realized that it wasn't luck that saved me that night. He had my back way before I gave my life over to Him. So grateful...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)