June 13, 2014

Love Lessons from Crazy Eyes & Morello (SPOILER ALERT)

Okay, so I started Season 2 of "Orange is the New Black"and last night there was such a great interaction between two of the inmates. I absolutely love the characters and how colorful they all are. Some of the writing is superb and there are huge life lessons that you can take away from each episode....So anyway, not sure what episode I'm on, but it was when they were celebrating Valentine's Day. Crazy Eyes/Suzanne found the wedding invitation of Morello's love interest and confronted her about it. Here is what was said...
Crazy Eyes:I know something about loving people who aren't smart enough to wanna be loved back. The secret is, they don't deserve it.
Morello:What's crazy​ is I still wanna believe in love. Even after everything. Isn't that sad?
Crazy Eyes:No. ​I think that's brave.
I cried like a baby. I think I was already in a space because earlier in the day I heard that Ruby Dee had passed away and I was reading all these sweet stories about her and Ossie Davis's love. A love that I once longed for. A love that I always believed was real. Even when things looked bleak, I refused to settle for anything less than what I deserved. Yes, I got discouraged as I got older and still didn't have that love I was waiting for, but like Morello, there was still this part of me that knew he was out there.

So last night, the tears were not from sadness, but joy. I'm so happy that I know love. That I am with someone who loves me and is "smart enough to wanna be loved back." I never have to wonder how he feels about me. His actions show me every single day. The love between us is what keeps us together during those moments when we both get on each other's nerves (him more than me) LOL!!

Women like Morello and I have been in hurtful relationships and have had people treat us not so good, but we never stopped believing in love..."even after everything." Keep your faith in love. Be brave :-)

*Sweet P*

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)