August 22, 2011

It takes a special guy to date Sweet P

I reconnected with an old friend recently. Always good to have a friend of the opposite sex to help keep you grounded and give you advice about life. We got to talking about my love life. Not sure how this topic always comes up in my conversations. Everyone wants to know why I'm still single and who I'm dating....anyway, like I told him, I'm still kissing frogs and hoping that one turns into a prince. LOL! Told him about the only 2 guys I've dated this year, one of those being Mr. Ike Turner. He then gave me some advice for any man who comes into my life...

  1. He should be very patient in getting to know me. He needs to understand where I am coming from and not take things personally. I can be blunt and if he's not strong, I will break him down. I burst out laughing after he said that because it is sooooo true. My humor is kinda cut-throat and I can be too much for some people.
  2. He should be confident. For the reasons in #1, he needs to be sure about himself and have some backbone. I'm not a needy woman and my strength could be intimidating for some men. I do however understand the man's role in my life and know how to shut up and submit...when its called for ;-) 
  3. He needs to be handy. This got another gut busting laugh from me. Again, true!! He said, and I quote, "He doesn't have to be Bookman, but there will be some small jobs that he will need to take care of." Funny! The good thing is that I like to learn to do things for myself. If it's a task I can't do, I want to watch and learn how to do it for next time.

My bmf says that if any man in my life can handle these things, then he will be the luckiest man in the DMV. He said once the lucky man is in, its a beautiful thing. So sweet...I know that it takes a special man to be with me. I won't settle for anything less. And no woman of worth should...

*Sweet P*

2 comments:

  1. I love my big brother! He hit the bullseye with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I love him too! Grateful for the his life and our friendship. He so reminded me that being me is okay and the right guy won't want to change a hair on my pretty little head LOL

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)