February 12, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. When I heard that Whitney Houston had died, I hoped that it was a vicious rumor. She is the true definition of Legendary. I grew up with her music. I've cried to her songs; danced to her songs; and had a praise party to her songs. She has given us the gift of her voice for years and years and to say that she will be missed is simply an understatement.

Unfortunately, she has had a roller coaster of a life. The lesson to be learned here is that we must make better choices for ourselves. Healthy choices. It's not easy, but it's for our own good. In that interview she had a long time ago, most people remember her saying, "Crack is whack," but I remember her saying that the biggest devil is her. "I'm either my best freind or my worst enemy." I remember thinking how true that statement is. It is with tears that I can honestly say that I am my very own best friend.

I pray for Whitney's family, especially her daughter. That they try to find peace rather than understanding.

Such a tragic loss.

Here is my all time favorite song by the late, great Whitney Houston. It's my "I'm all that and even more than I even give myself credit for song." The freaky part is that she performed this at the Grammy's, which take place this evening.


May her soul FINALLY rest in eternal peace.

Sweet P



1 comment:

What do you think of my post? Be honest ;)